Cyprus - Epimorfotika Larnakas Kentron Agiou Lazarou


The Adult Education Centres of the Ministry of Education and Culture organize one of the most important and popular programmes of general adult education in Cyprus. Their aims and objectives are to keep pace with various developmental policies on adult education and the wider objectives of the Ministry of Education and Culture of lifelong learning.


In the Larnaca – Famagusta district, four hundred and fifty (450) groups will be organised for the school year 2010-2011. These groups will consist of approximately six thousand (6000) members attending fifty five (55) various interdisciplinary subjects taught by around one hundred and eight (180) educators. Classes will be offered in twenty four (24) ninety (90’) minutes sessions and will cover the period between November 2009 and May 2010. The premises and labs of public primary, secondary and secondary technical education are used for the purposes of the Adult Education Centres occasionally in morning hours, while the majority of classes are offered in the afternoon of evening hours.


The most popular subjects are:
• Greek language for foreigners living and working in Cyprus
• English and Russian languages as well as other foreign languages
• Information and Communication Technologies
• Painting, arts and crafts, pottery and woodcrafting
• Cypriot, Greek and Latin-American dancing lessons
• Cooking – pastry making


The tuition fees for each individual subject is only €50 for courses of general interest and €60 for Information and Communication Technologies for the whole period of classes. This is a symbolic sum, as all the tuition fees cover approximately only 20% of the total cost of the programme. The rest 80% of the cost is covered by the Ministry of Education and Culture as a social measure of providing access to lifelong learning opportunities to all citizens of the Republic of Cyprus aged 15 and above.


One half (1/2) of the total number of the six thousand (6000) members of the Adult Education Centres, attend the classes free of charge. These members belong to the categories:

• Adults over 65 years of age
• Greek-Cypriots wishing to learn Turkish language
• Turkish-Cypriots wishing to learn the Greek language
• Adult, immigrants, political refugees, asylum seekers and repatriated Cypriots as well as their children wishing to learn the Greek language
• Adults in dairy care homes, elderly homes, the state prison as well as other institutions for mentally sick and handicapped people


Ten adres pocztowy jest chroniony przed spamowaniem. Aby go zobaczyć, konieczne jest włączenie w przeglądarce obsługi JavaScript.